Italy Day 1

Today was officially declared Julie does nothing day. So I spent the morning strolling through the vineyard behind our B&B, communing with the local pets, catching up on my 5 Aspects of Women bible study and reading. So lovely!


The beautiful vineyard!


The little kitty likes me - either that or the cat nuzzle was too far away for easy commuting.


"Red" catching some rays.

Pete had his own adventures while I was relaxing.
(Pete grabs the microphone)
I had a blast visiting 4 wineries! The first few minutes of each were exactly the same:
1) I drive up to a house
2) A dog ("cane") barks viciously
3) Person appears
4) I use my standard phrase, with the help of Google Translate: "dove รจ la cantina?"
5) Big smile, followed by tour/wine tasting.
I ended up purchasing a bottle at each winery.


We joined up in the afternoon - had some Panini Pete picked up and took a tour of the local estates :)

That night we had the distinct pleasure of dining with our hosts Emy and Don Pablo and their daughter. We picked up Pasta Fresco which Emy cooked up and we dined like kings, sampling the wine Don Pablo makes from their vineyard (Yummy!), olive oil their friend from Turin makes, and the Honey another friend produces etc, etc. Ahh to live and have friends in a place like Italy!

1 comments:

Stef said...

the grape vine picture is just amazing. those colors are so beautiful and only seen for a few short months around here... if even that. I want to steel that picture from you!