Hawaii '09: Day 9

Last full day in paradise! Even though this was a Relax-day (we alternate Activity and Relax days), we decided to try one last event - boogie boarding! Now, to find the perfect boogie boarding beach ... After visiting and rejecting the Turtle Bay beach (waves were too small!), we decided to hit Sunset Beach near Haleiwa, the "Surfing capital of the world". Some waves were pretty big (4-5'), but nothing huge like on TV :-)

IMG_1517f

PeteBoogieBoarding

IMG_1516

After laying out a bit, hunger got the better of us, so we drove into Haleiwa-proper, looking for grub. We stumbled on a farmer's market - yay! - where we got tomato & fresh-stretched mozzarella pizza, and crepes for dessert. Yum!

A short drive away, we found the "Wiki Wiki Java" coffee shop (more of a stand), and sipped a tasty iced mocha.

Traffic was pretty heavy driving back, so Peter read a chapter or so of The Prodigal God, while Julie drove. We had such a good time, we kept driving, discussing, and reading all the way down to Chinaman's Hat beach park (aka Kualoa).

Julie: Thanks for providing my camouflage outfit for the day Judy - I fit right in with all the other babes :)

IMG_1501

3 comments:

jess said...

Sexy mama!!! :)

DellaRose said...

hottie, with a naughty body ;)

Erin said...

I realize this is a really old post. But, I didn't see it back then, when it was posted. I just had to say this.
When I was a child, the only man I knew who wore a Speedo was your dad. Now I know one more.